Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large display industry. We focus our sales and marketing efforts on geographical regions, markets and products. Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling five business units: Live Events, Schools & Theatres, Commercial, Transportation and International.
The Digital Billboard Manufacturing Plant, located in Sioux Falls, SD, will support the billboard and fuel light niches within the Commercial market. The Plant will be responsible for the timely and quality production of digital billboards, fuel lights displays, and additional products as business needs demand.
Shifts with open positions
Night Shift Mon-Thurs 4:30pm – 3:00am
1. Specialize in the following processes; Wave Soldering, Selective soldering, Vision testing, Potting, Aqua Wash, and SMT oven profiling.
2. Effectively learn to operate equipment.
3. Be able to modify and develop equipment programs.
4. Assist in research, selection and installation/setup of equipment.
5. Work effectively with engineers to assess and improve machine capabilities.
6. Recommend process improvements to enhance product quality; be responsible for implementation of process improvements utilizing lean manufacturing methodologies.
7. Work with manufacturing to identify and implement process improvements.
8. Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, help when and where needed and communicate effectively with customers and team members.
9. Be at work on time and maintain good attendance. Be able to work overtime as needed.
10. Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner.
11. Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer and/or department expectations.
1. Associates degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or Manufacturing Technology required.
2. Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
3. Physical requirements include the ability to:
3.1 distinguish and identify wire and paint colors;
3.2 read fine print with or without the use of corrective lenses
3.3 work with odors (solder/paint/solvent/manufacturing odor);
3.4 lift and carry heavy (up to 50 lbs) and/or awkward items
3.5 stand or sit for the full shift and have full range of motion (including but not limited to bending and lifting) required to perform the job functions
3.6 maintain steady hand-eye coordination
3.7 reach in all directions and in potentially awkward positions
4. Ability and willingness to travel. Valid driver’s license and must be able to meet and maintain a qualified driver status according to the Daktronics Motor Vehicle Policy. Motor vehicle record will be verified.
5. Computer skills including Internet navigation, word procession and spreadsheets.
6. Background check will be conducted.
7. Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
8. Must possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
9. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 7 months ago
Daktronics always knows the score. The company is a leading manufacturer of electronic displays, audio systems, and timing products. Its...