Provides day to day support to the production areas to ensure that the process equipment is maintained, operated & repaired in an effective/efficient manner to allow for production output requirements to be achieved on a routine basis.
- Maintain process equipment in an effective manner to ensure readiness for all scheduled production operations.
- Identify and perform all required preventive maintenance needs and maintain appropriate records of such activities in accordance to documented procedures.
- Maintain an adequate supply of required spare parts within established budget expectations to ensure timely repairs to achieve minimal process down time expectations.
- Maintain equipment documentation including drawings, parts lists, purchase records, and machine logic control programs in accordance to documented procedures.
- Participate as a team player in the management & operation of the assigned work areas. Activities may include training of equipment operators, development and execution of improvement projects, etc..
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language; possess math skills at a level necessary to perform statistical process control and simple algebraic calculations; must be able to climb stairs and ladders, safely lift 50 pounds; be available for shift work and overtime as scheduled and required; be able to operate computer terminal or personal computer for entry, acquisition of data and to control equipment; may require physical capability of wearing a full face respirator; must be capable of being licensed to operate motorized material handling equipment; some exposure to industrial processes a plus.
In this increasingly complex world of advanced high-tech manufacturing, materials science matters. It is the base for innovations that...