This is a replacement position of a chemical process technician that has recently given notice to leave Excelitas as of 10/17/13.
Primarily responsible for Chemical Lab processing including, cleaning, etching, degreasing, electroplating and associated lab maintenance in a fast paced production environment while working in a responsible, safe manner.
• Process piece parts, assemblies and finished assemblies through various chemical processes.
• Selects and mixes chemicals or gasses in exact quantities
• using measuring or monitoring devices.
• Maintains records on all test and additions of chemicals to various solutions.
• May apply finishes to units, which require accurate plating deposits to ensure proper electrical conductance or finish quality.
• Maintains baths, degreaser and performs monthly analysis.
• Label waste chemicals throughout Chemical lab
• Services glass cutting room (change chemicals) once per week.
• Perform other related duties of similar complexity as directed.
• Order chemicals as needed that are related to the Chem lab
• Perform SAP transactions as necessary
• Works from and interprets work instructions, assembly prints, pick lists, and routers.
• Perform document audits and work with supervision and engineers to improve documentation, process techniques, and work flow.
• May train production personnel in proper techniques for processing and/or assembling materials and units.
• Works independently in a safe and productive manner.
• Performs other related duties of comparable complexity as directed.
A) Technical Competencies: Preferred candidates will have an Associates Degree in Chemistry and 4 to 6 years of experience in plating, chemical maintenance or the chemical processing of electronic components or equivalent experience/training and knowledge of MSDS’s, PPE and HazCom. MS Office experience is required for all candidates.
B) Other Competencies: Exhibits an assertive personality with a strong bias for action, tackles tough problems with firm deadlines. Apprentice candidates must have a strong track record of leadership and quick learning abilities.
C) Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand and walk for an 8 hour shift. Must be able to lift 5 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally. Must be able to wear proper personal protective equipment during working hours and tolerate working with chemicals in a safe environment.
Diversity is our strength. Beyond our deep portfolio of enabling technologies and the broad range of applications and markets we serve, it's the collaborative strength of Excelitas' 3000+ employees across the globe that deliver value to our customers on a daily basis.
Excelitas Technologies is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.