As a Process Technician, you will be fabricating Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) devices under the guidance of Process Development Engineers within the GE Global Research Cleanroom.
Reviews process travelers, coordinates lots and executes process steps within a Class100-1000 Clean Room. Uses wafer imaging and characterization tools, performs wet chemical processing, and documents workflow.
As a Grade 10 Process Technician, you will:
- Execute standard and experimental processes as requested by MEMS team and engineers.
- Perform routine process and quality control procedures
- Perform various process characterization techniques using state of the art imaging, microscopy and other process control equipment.
- Perform wet chemical processing
- Work with the team to trouble shoot and identify root cause of defects
- Coordinate processing of MEMS lots
- Communicate process details with unit step operators to ensure accurate processing
- Maintain quality system records
- Associates degree in Engineering Sciences and Technology or related applied field.
- At least 1 year experience in Cleanroom processing, test, MEMS packaging or equivalent classroom experience.
- Experience working with MEMS devices in a Cleanroom environment.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
More than 1 year experience in MEMS fabrication and packaging
Ability to assist in troubleshooting MEMS devices
Ability to work well with hands
Ability to perform wet chemical processing steps
- Ability to use computers for tracking workload and uploading data
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask across equipments and work centers
- Experience working in team environments and with outside vendors.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...