- High School diploma
- Prior experience engineering or maintaining industrial process or utility equipment (five years).
- Familiar with cGMP’s, regulatory guidelines, governmental codes, and standard operating procedure.
- Communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Skills and knowledge to serve as a resource to less experienced employees.
The ability to work rotating shift work. Work safely, independently, and without direct supervision.
Why GSK? Because GSK’s Biopharm business vision is to leverage its experience and technical capabilities to launch, supply, and manage Biopharmaceutical products around the world. It will fulfill GSK’s Mission to Do More, Feel Better, and Live Longer by living its values: Integrity: Always doing the right thing; Commitment to the Patient: Making the Patient the #1 Priority; Customer Service: Commit to delivering on promises to internal & external customers; Compliance – Being accountable for quality and safety.
GSK Biopharm has an opening for a Process Technician. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, in this role you will perform preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of biopharmaceutical process equipment.
- Troubleshoots and safely repair process systems on a routine and emergency basis to assure continuous production operations.
- Maintain and repair sanitary valves and actuators, agitation systems, rotary lobe pumps, centrifugal pumps, cartridge mechanical seals, chromatography columns, autoclaves, equipment washers, and other sanitary/sterile equipment and systems.
- Performs analysis of automation and control related issues on processing equipment and systems. Must be familiar with PLC’s and distributed control systems and their operation and interaction with the process equipment and systems.
- Uses schematics to diagnose electrical control and motor circuits.
- Safely perform preventative and corrective maintenance tasks on process equipment and systems. Make recommendations for maintenance tasks and frequencies and procedural/operational changes to enhance equipment life and maintainability. Identify spare parts and consumables necessary to perform these tasks.
- Oversees contractors performing maintenance tasks on process equipment and systems.
- Perform metal fabrication tasks as necessary.
- Inspect, replace, align, adjust, and lubricate mechanical system components including bearings, gear boxes, belt drives, shaft couplings, mechanical seals, and related devices.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture and...