Process Technician - 104666
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
This position will be as a direct employee to Intertec Systems, which is a Joint Venture between Johnson Controls and Inoac. This position will be located in Bessemer, Alabama.
- Responsible for start-up, process verification, troubleshooting and root cause analysis of any issues related to the vacuum forming, adhesive spraying, or injection molding processes or the associated equipment.
- Documents and communicates with other Process Technicians, Process Engineers and Shift Supervisor results of problem solving and any deviations from established methods or procedures that may be necessary to resolve specific issues.
- Responsible for ensuring daily production key measure (e.g. quality, efficiency, production quantities, scrap, etc.) for injection molding operations are met.
- Works on floor completing technical daily injection molding processing duties.
- Supports Process Engineers in development of process parameters and process improvements.
- Maintain Documentation for process equipment such as reference sheets, monitoring sheets, waterline diagrams, gate seals, rhealogy graphs, robot programs, adhesive spray patterns, DartNet templates, etc.
- Manage process controls for the injection molding using the DartNet system tools.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of acceptable quality standards established by the quality department to ensure maximum production of saleable parts.
- Systematically checks all variables to ensure best possible balance of quality and quantity under specific prevailing conditions.
- Supervises the adhesive spray, vacuum forming, and injection molding processes to insure proper controls are being maintained.
- Schedule both routine and preventative maintenance of the equipment to have the least possible adverse affect on production schedules.
- Analyze operations for possible improvements in methods, procedures, or design. Recommend such improvements to the ME. Run all DOEs and launch samples.
- Assist the Production Supervisors in training of the associates for line operation and monitoring what the associates will be required to complete as part of the process controls.
- Associates Degree or technical degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of quality experience in automotive manufacturing facility.
- One (1) year experience with injection molding and/or vacuum forming processes, or the equivalent in related college courses.
- Knowledge of TS 16949/ISO/QS requirements.
- Ability to travel to customer or supplier plants for investigations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of quality control methods and systems.
- Familiar with PPAP submissions including layouts, control plans, gage R&Rs and SPC documentation.
Johnson Controls - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...