Process Technician - 082941
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
This position will be as a direct employee to Intertec Systems, Inc., which is a Joint Venture between Johnson Controls and Inoac.This position located in Cottondale, Alabama.
Scope of Position:
The Process Technician is responsible for start-up, process verification, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis of manufacturing related equipment / tools with the assistance of Maintenance and Engineering. Key processes include Negative Vacuum Forming, Foam in Place (FIP), Sonic Knife Scoring, Flame Treating, IR Welding, and Assembly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Daily start up and verification of the process utilizing start up check list
- Completion of all daily, weekly and monthly P.M.’s to ensure equipment uptime is maximized
- Daily verification of all process parameters and recording appropriately
- Completion of all trend charts, start up check sheets, production reports on time and accurately
- Responsible for troubleshooting, developing and implementing countermeasures for all technical and quality concerns on a daily basis
- Any issue not dealt with in a timely manner is to be brought to the attention of the management sponsor
- Lead regular TOPS meetings dealing with scrap, RFT or other process issues
- Provide leadership and motivation to team members – leading by example
- Works closely with Engineering, Quality and Materials in support of current products
- Support trials for continuous improvement
- Support new product launch and related trials
- Member of Emergency Response Team
- Monthly report out on process to reduce scrap, raise RFT utilizing actual data collected through TOPS meetings
- Assist maintenance as required
- Comply with company rules, policies and practices
- Abide by all HSE&E requirements
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor of any other member of management
· Mechanical Technologist or equivalent experience
· Above average mechanical aptitude and abstract reasoning capabilities
· Minimum of two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment
· S trong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Microsoft Office Package
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...