Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Job Title: Weld Technician
Salary Grade: 52-53
Location: Holland, Michigan
Function: Weld Techs provide technical support to the Welding Processes within the Lakewood Metals and Mechanisms operations. This role is responsible for the improvement implementation and operation of the Welding processes, working underneath the Welding Engineer. Leads Weld Set-ups within the Welding department.
P rimary Role is to be the 2nd responder for calls from the Weld Set-ups and/or Production teams Reset more complex robot faults
Perform major Fixture Adjustments of robots (i.e.: calling tech services, addressing issues Weld Set-ups are not ready to cover )
Perform major Fixture Adjustment of the tooling or fixtures
Conduct parameter Audits
Identify and communicate fixture or equipment improvements to engineering or maintenance
- Secondary Role is to lead the implementation of improvements to the welding processes
Lead the implementation of process improvements (i.e.: Weld Length reductions, cycle time improvements, quality repeatability.)
Skills and Experience: Weld Techs require the following skill sets, proficiency and experience to perform the job:
- Provides support the Weld Set-ups when production is critical to keep the production processes functioning correctly
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Be vigilant to identify & prevent any potential safety concerns.
- Communicate and document to Engineering and fellow team members any issues that may inhibit daily production (i.e.: issues with machinery, fixturing, materials, etc.)
- Maintain organization, safety, and 5S procedures of area
- Follow all welding ODS's and work instructions
- Understand and actively implement company policies and procedures
- Work overtime as necessary
- Communicates Escalation Procedures for downtime
- Demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and trouble shooting skills
- Solid understanding of an interpretation of process monitoring variables
- Ability to lead and train others in the welding department.
- Excellent and effective communication skills. Ability to talk technically about the process and products to ensure the right information is communicated.
- Able to work quickly in order to fix equipment, the product or adjust the process
- Experience in use of calipers, metric scales, and mechanical hand tools
- Ability to follow technical documentation
Johnson Controls - 14 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...