The Process Tech III supports the clinical diagnostic lab by troubleshooting process failures, identifying and participating in continuous improvement projects in conjunction with staff and Technical Development, and participating on cross-functional teams to implement new processes into operations. This position will work with department management and quality team members to ensure that appropriate root cause is identified, corrective actions are implemented and proactive process improvements are identified. As directed by management, this role may also support patient testing provided they are maintaining ongoing competency to perform those duties.
- Use existing tools to monitor the performance of lab processes.
- Conduct evaluations to better understand the current lab process and potential areas of improvement.
- Identify continuous improvement projects based on performance data and process evaluation discussions.
- Troubleshoot recurring problems to identify root cause, especially when they impact more than one department.
- Serve as an escalation point for lab groups to help resolve local area problems.
- Serve as a key technical resource in cross-functional project teams to ensure communication throughout the project.
- Participate in large project/validation teams for new products and processes.
- Complying with the laboratory’s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- Following the laboratory’s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
- Serves as a trainer or mentor on technical processes within the group.
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
- Meets minimum regulatory education requirements:
- Master’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science, or
- Meets minimum internal education and experience requirements:
- Master’s degree as described above with 6 months clinical lab experience, or
- Bachelor’s degree as described above with 2 years of lab experience including at least six months clinical lab experience
Repetitive Motion, Analyzing, Processing
Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MYGN) is a leading molecular diagnostic company making a difference in patient’s lives through to discovery and commercialization of transformative molecular diagnostic products that assess a person’s risk of developing disease, improve diagnosis, predict disease progression and guide therapy. We believe in improving the healthcare management of patients by providing physicians and patients with critical information across multiple medical specialties that addresses unmet medical needs. With fiscal year 2013 annual revenue of approximately $600 million and more than 1,300 employees, Myriad is focusing on strategic initiatives, including growing our existing markets, launching new products, and expanding our global presence to take advantage of significant long-term growth opportunities. For more information on Myriad, please visit the Company’s website at: www.myriad.com . Myriad Genetics is an EEO/AAP employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or Veteran status. At Myriad, we affirm the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected classification. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.
Myriad Genetics, Inc. - 5 months ago