The Dow Chemical Company
has an opening for a
The purpose of this job is Perform manufacturing batch processing tasks as specified in written procedures to support the production, packaging, and handling of materials. The position requires strong communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Maintain a safe working environment and participate in all required safety programs, training, and activities.
- Follow Operating Discipline principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas.
- Operate and field check process equipment. Monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems if required.
- Receive direction from area leads/supervisor and complete assigned tasks.
Current, valid US driver's license.
Work performed in a plant environment.
Exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, chemical and other elements.
Willing to adhere to all safety standards, including the smoke free and drug-free workplace policy.
Must be punctual and reliable.
Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Good interpersonal skills are required.
Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
Able to work within an empowered team environment.
A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying Asylee/Refugee).
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Lifting required occasionally of up to 40 pounds.
- Bending, pushing and pulling required on a daily basis.
- Ability to occasionally work at table level and/or overhead level as necessary.
- Required to wear appropriate PPE.
- The job requirements do include the need to bend and/or stoop during the boxing processes.
Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
Fork Truck operation experience a plus
High school diploma or GED is required.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2013, Dow had annual sales of more than $57 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 products are manufactured at 201 sites in 36 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Dow Chemical Company - 30+ days ago
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving...