The Process Technician operates in the Mix Plant as part of the Mix Plant Team and employs the correct formulas and processes to supply the manufacturing department with the mix needed to meet scheduled production requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for performing job functions in a manner that promotes a safe work environment, including compliance with confined space, PPE, fall protection, and all other safety policies and practices.
• Active member of the Mix Plant Team and supports the team culture of the Covington Plant through participation and leadership in Star Point.
• Performs bulk ingredient unloading and sets up tanks and silos to receive product, including sanitizing and the assembly and disassembly of equipment. Operates system to assemble batches of mix according to the required specifications, ensures completion of all required paperwork, and performs required CIP and sanitation.
• Interacts with Logistics to order necessary ingredients per formula specifications. Acquires familiarity with outside purchases of liquid ingredients and ability to forecast the needs of doing so.
• Performs quality checks on incoming Mix Plant ingredients and finished mixes in the storage tanks and interacts independently with the QA team on quality issues
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all GMP and quality requirements, including the cleanliness of the mix area.
• Monitors equipment for malfunctions and performs minor repairs when needed. Communicates with management and maintenance department regarding reoccurring problems and repair needs.
• Performs preventative maintenance checks on equipment and troubleshoots processing problems and minor mechanical problems.
• Plays an active role in TPM including participation in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, the creation and maintenance of TPM standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in Kaizen events.
• Observes all safety, quality and other company rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
• Maintains OSHA Certified Forklift License status.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor in the areas of receiving, batching, pasteurization, ingredient preparation and weighing, rework and sanitation.
• Basic understanding and ability to use computers. Basic mathematical aptitude.
• Experience or training in operation of forklifts
• A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
• Two years manufacturing, mechanical or technical experience is required
• Processing experience and/or training desired
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Unilever - 17 months ago
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...