Scientific and technological innovation is at the heart of bioMérieux's strategy. A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for 50 years, bioMérieux designs, develops, produces, and markets diagnostic systems for medical and industrial applications. bioMérieux's solutions (reagents, instruments, software, and services) are used to determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
To fulfill its mission to improve public health worldwide, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 41 subsidiaries. Its world headquarters are located in the Lyon area in France.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare complex chemical media and/or sub components, dispensing system setup/verifications and insuring timely delivery of high quality product to Card production. Rapidly learn new procedures and reduce them to practice. Secondary and tertiary functions may include but are not limited to work station organizing, safety, housekeeping and maintenance functions in the production department.
1. Perform all work in the Production Department in a safe manner in accordance with the company policy and/or procedure.
2 Perform and document all manufacturing steps and verification as described in company procedures\policies
3. Assist with end of lot documentation review for Device History Record - Master Formulary, etc. All documentation practices are to follow all appropriate procedures\policies.
4. Maintain a clean and orderly work environment by following the standards set forth in department 5S guidelines - before, during and after production runs.
5. Inspect and insure all equipment is calibrated and in working order before performing any manufacturing task. Inform Line Maintenance and Group Lead of any items found in need of repair immediately to prevent production delays. Perform start up and shut down procedures for the Lab equipment as described in company procedures\policies.
6 Participate in the new product development and assist with new product transition to production from R&D and Industrialization as required.
7. Maintain adequate inventories of general lab supplies and place purchase orders or inform department’s designated purchasing resource when necessary. Maintain FIFO for all long-term stocks, broths and chemical components.
8. Reasonable, reliable attendance and punctuality is an essential job function required for this position.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Biology/Chemistry is required.
2 A minimum of one (1) wet chemistry and/or bench work experience preferred.
3. Ability to work effectively and efficiently toward goal completion in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands.
4. Excellent problem solving, time management and laboratory skills.
5. Ability to work independently and in groups.
6 Knowledge of sterile techniques and general laboratory procedures.
7 Working knowledge of GLP/GMP and ISO guidelines.
8 Strong PC skills (MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; SAP desired).
• Most laboratory work performed standing.
• Excellent personal hygiene required. Appropriate gowning requirements necessary for the production areas:
o Safety glasses
o Clean room gowns and/or lab coats
• Other protective equipment including latex gloves is used.
• Hazardous chemicals are sometimes used in the production process and additional personal equipment is required.
• Occasional environmental odors may be prevalent.
• May be required to work extended and/or overtime hours.
• Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
Equal opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V***
BioMérieux continues to solidify itself as a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics.