The CC Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of CC tools (including vacuum deposition, wafer cleaving and inspection tools) also the collection and evaluation of operating data, including SPC, to ensure equipment/processes remain in control and quality standards are met. Working from specifications using a variety of tools and test equipment. The position requires working a minimum of 10 hours in a clean room environment requiring extended periods of standing or sitting and may involve shift work.
- Support government and internally funded research and development efforts by effective operation of High Vacuum and Ultra-high Vacuum (UHV) processes
- Sustain production processes for manufacturing high power semiconductor lasers
- Identify opportunities for continuous yield, throughput and cycle-time improvements
- Monitor control of manufacturing processes through SPC
- Create and/or improve documentation of processes and procedures
- Associate Degree in Engineering, Physics, Materials or Chemistry or related subject
- 2+ years of development or manufacturing experience in III/V or Si semiconductor technology
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
- Hands-on experience in development or production vacuum deposition technology
- Self-motivated and a strong team player
- Capability of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce
nLIGHT is a pre-IPO manufacturer of high-power solid-state lasers for industrial, defense, medical and consumer applications. With state-of-the-art design and production facilities in Vancouver, WA, Hillsboro, OR, China and Finland, nLIGHT is a leader in key growth markets. nLIGHT has received numerous awards and acclaim for its growth, leadership, and innovation.
nLIGHT - 5 months ago