The process technology engineer role will lead technology efforts to develop, scale-up and improve new and existing products and processes for the productions of Cycolac and Geloy resins. The primary function of this role is to be the engineering resource interfacing process & platform technology programs with the Cycolac and Geloy activities. This role will also provide technology support for quality/ productivity/ 2nd source raw material qualification for the business, largely utilizing the Technology Service Request (TSR) process. He/she will have the responsibility to:
• As part of a cross-functional team based in an industrial plant environment, lead and deliver the technical deliverables that are necessary in the design and commercialization of new polymers and polymer blends and/or in the optimization of existing polymer-based products
• Developing new processes and improving existing processes to develop new polymer molecules, blends and resins to provide growth to the business by accessing new markets.
• Working in an interdisciplinary team to define new opportunities and to find cost effective material solutions for new engineering materials.
• Work with manufacturing operations to identify opportunities for productivity, quality and throughput improvements, then developing and implementing process technology to achieve those goals.
• Interface with manufacturing, quality, and commercial teams to provide technical leadership in the design and commercialization of new processes.
• Plan and manage projects to develop and advance new process technology from the laboratory scale, through the pilot scale & commercial implementation, using modeling and statistically-based tools to establish product and process capability.
• Extending rigor to take new products from the laboratory to the manufacturing floor, ensuring consistent manufacturing performance of the products.
• Establish inclusive and early partnerships with ancillary technical functions such as product technology, analytical technology, and color technology to proactively plan and gain inputs on process development programs.
• Use statistical design of experiments to deliver Lean Six Sigma performance while inventing, developing, and implementing new technology to our engineering thermoplastics portfolio
• Commitment and interest in the rigor required to transform new processes from laboratory-scale to commercialization, including the consistent manufacturing performance of the products.
•A Strong technical/manufacturing experience in free radical polymerization chemistry and engineering prefered
Assignments may include: Analysis of commercial data to identify strategies for reducing materials & utility usages; development and scale-up of processes to manufacture new intermediates or resins, including pilot-scale testing, evaluation of equipment options, and commercial trials; testing of reactor start-up procedures; evaluation of separations capability using process simulation tools & developing options for improving performance; mass and energy balances; process troubleshooting and optimization.
PharmaOpportunities.com - 18 months ago