Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $26 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com .
The Research Specialist Job Family is responsible:
- For providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers. This is done through receiving or placing telephone calls, in addition to working faxes, electronic methods (e-mail & system of record task assignments), correspondence, mail, express delivery, reports, and project assignments.
- Position serves as back-up resources to the Call Center Department, processing inbound calls as needed.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer.
- Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action.
- Seeks to retain account and/or suggest and encourage use of other services and products.
- Depending on area may promote and sell products and/or services and enter or confirm sales.
- Responds in a timely manner.
- Follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to customers.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Overtime and/or Saturday hours may be required.
- Lead, organize, motivate and coordinate the day to day work flow activities of associates that perform the duties required of a Research Specialist or Sr. Research Specialist to ensure deadlines/SLA's are met
- Act as a SME for department to answer procedural questions and assist in resolving complex or escalated issues
- Assist with production, inbound/outbound calls and/or assigned projects
- Ensure cooperation and coordination with other departments in the company
- Utilize knowledge of team, procedures, trending and research reporting to recommend process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Ability to work in multi client/functional environment
- Assist in developing revised standards and methods
- Handle highly escalated supervisory type inquiries and other temporary assignments
- Mentor team based on low production or quality results.
- Oversee training of new hires and associate cross training initiatives, in addition to the creation and facilitation of training as needed.
To review a video about our Assurant Specialty Property Hazard Service Center Operation, please click or copy/paste the following URL into a new browser window: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfRzEfCtCvg
- High school diploma/GED required
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of all of the duites of the Research Specialist and Sr. Research Specialist positions.
- Strong computer skills, (ability to create, edit and analyze spreadsheets)
- Advanced skills at effectively listening and communication (verbal/written) with internal/external personnel/customers/clients
- SME for Research procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and plan to meet goals
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Works well in a fast paced/high stress environment
- Ability to easily adapt well to change and encourage others to do the same
- Works well in team environment and as an individulal contributor
- Expert skills in thinking outside of the box to resolve complex/escalated problems
- Ability to effectively relay accurate and detailed information to various parties via in-bound and out-bound telephone calls, in team meetings, training sessions, and our clients.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
- Minimum 3 years year customer service, banking, finance, mortgage lending or related experience
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated leadership experience preferred
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 33400
Assurant - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...