Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 40,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Directs the production/processing supervisors in a single production department on multiple shifts or across several departments on a single shift to assure cost-effective, on-time manufacture of quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs processing operations and personnel to meet established processing and quality control standards, to control budget and costs, and to provide data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products produced.
- Establishes short-term activities directed toward processing continuity and balance such as shift schedules, ensuring requisition of materials, machine loading, grievance resolution, and equipment maintenance.
- Coordinates and integrates with other plant function areas to ensure support in attaining output, productivity, and quality.
- Selects, organizes, trains, and motivates processing labor force to ensure consistent attainment of processing schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels.
- Recommends improvements in processing flow or methods.
- Ensures effective use of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and to improve product quality.
- Recommends modification of machines and equipment in order to improve processing and quality of products.
- Promotes a safe working environment for our employees.
- Responsible for working relations between USDA and plant personnel.
- Coordinate production between plant, grow out and other production facilities if needed.
Typically requires 2 to 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
High School Diploma (GED) required. Bachelors degree preferred.
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.