Performs a variety of manually value-added processes within several manufacturing areas which may include electroplating housing and connectors, chem-filming manufactured products, mark-up and touch up; processes follow established procedures within the traveler document; employee may perform and know at a minimum one or more processes within each of the areas in one of the following labs: plating, etching and/or chem-filiming, mark-up or touch-up; performs work of semi-routine complexity, may require instruction on new tasks in one of the following labs: plating, etching, painting, mark-up, touch-up and/or chem-film.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Pulls raw material from shelf; preps parts for etching (clean, rack, etch parts).
2. Applies basic chemistry principles for etching; uses one of the following seven processes: etchback, chem-milling; duroid plate with nickel plating,etc.
3. Inspects etched parts; handle and works around hazardous chemicals.
1. Use microscope for inspection of production units; obtain blueprints from satellite files for part production.
2. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
3. Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
4. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
5. Actively participate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMETNAL CRITERIA:
Refer to Profile B – Operations.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
1. Four (4) years of experience in one of the labs mentioned above; detail-oriented, good manual and hand-eye dexterity; high school diploma or equivalent, required;
2. Communication skills: ability to ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend simple written and verbal instructions; ability to read blueprints and Material Safety Data Sheets; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization;
3. Computer skills: working knowledge of MicroSoft Suite with Word and Excel;
4. Equipment skills: knowledge of proper and safe use of equipment, chemicals, tools, etc.; knowledge of procedures related to safety; ability to use spray guns and other devices, pressure tanks, fluid and air hoses, compressors, sanders, air and fluid regulators; ability to use respirators and other personal protective equipment;
5. Chemical skills: ability to use different chemicals such as epoxy, polyurethane paints, primers and wash primers or other material as specified by military specifications; ability to work around chemicals;
6. Math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unit of measure; ability to measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to understand and perform decimal, fraction and metric calculations and conversion; ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
7. Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities; ability to prioritize workload on a daily basis;
8. Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work as part of a team.
1. May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Remec Defense & Space - 17 months ago