April 17, 2013
Proctor Care Manager
40 Hours, Full Benefits
Counterpoint Day Treatment
Provides comprehensive treatment, schooling and care for teenage boys for whom sexual acting out is an issue.
Reference Job Code: PCM-652
To Apply Please Follow Application Procedure
Oversees and implements marketing and recruitment efforts, and trains and supervises proctor parents. Facilitates communication between proctor parents and clinical and support staff. Certifies new proctor parents and recertifies existing proctor parents. Member of the program’s management team. Works closely with Family Foster Care Network.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA degree in Social Services, public relations, marketing, or related field; or equivalent experience, training and education required.
- Understanding of the proctor/foster model required.
- Marketing experience helpful
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Values working in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a broad variety of people including clients, proctor parents, staff, supervisors, management and outreach/recruitment candidates.
- Ability to read, write and record information accurately and responsively.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with organization staff and the community.
- Supervisory, organizational and public relations skills required, including ability to speak in front of groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to regularly attend and be punctual for scheduled work commitments and meetings and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Effectively monitor safety and demonstrate group management skills and effectively de-escalate potentially chaotic or volatile situations.
- Exercises tact, discretion and judgment in working with a variety of people.
- Stays calm and emotionally available in an environment serving at-risk youth.
- Strong computer skills necessary.
- Manual/physical dexterity allowing for performance of routine office functions such as filing, computer use, phone use, faxing, etc.
- Position requires driving personal vehicle to travel within the Portland metropolitan area, a valid driver’s license for state of residency, personal auto liability insurance at $100,000/$100,000 level, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy. Prior to driving for work-related purposes, employees must complete driving approval process.
- Must pass a criminal history check.
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “PCM-652” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “PCM-952” on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Morrison Child and Family Services - 20 months ago