Procure to Pay Operations Manager (Ariba)
The P2P Operations Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing Procure-to-Pay strategy across the Corporation globally. This includes ensuring that system functionality meets the needs of the business units, working with the business unit controllers to document PO requirements by commodity/service and defining business rules and PO policies.
In addition this individual has the responsibility for the overall operational support of the P2P application. The position will partner closely with Business Unit super-users, Global Enterprise Systems (GES), Finance, Accounts Payable, and external suppliers.
This position is responsible for developing key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the operations support team as it relates issue resolution.
- Manage the Global Procure-to-Pay process by collaborating with business unit controllers, IT, the BSC and regional hubs to redefine PO policies, standardize business rules and expand the use of PO’s in the Ariba P2P system globally across a broad spectrum of commodities and services
- Support the procure-to-pay process including PO reporting and metrics, as well as invoice reporting and analysis of the procure-to-pay processes
- Evaluate new technology to improve current systems or to create efficiency in an existing manual process within Global Procurement.
Work closely with The McGraw-Hill Companies’ IT community, acting as the business project lead in determining potential solutions
- Establish industry contacts/user groups that utilize Ariba P2P technology to garner wide support and influence Ariba senior management to make enhancements to the On-Demand PO system
- Lead functional testing efforts for all service pack updates and major system releases; Assess impact to current users of the application
- Supervise the operations analysts and assist as needed to resolve/troubleshoot issues
- Assist with training and demonstrations of the application for new and existing users on the system
- College degree in Business with at least 5 years of experience in procurement operations and procurement system activity
- Experience in functionally managing projects related to eProcurement tools (Ariba), an ERP PO environment (Oracle/Lawson) software is critical in order to effectively develop strategies to streamline the procure to pay process.
- This position requires an incumbent that possesses the ability to manage, organize and prioritize in order to meet departmental and business unit goals and objectives. Excellent communication skills are required both written and oral to ensure strong collaboration with the business units, the Sourcing group, IT and Financial Shared Services and to appropriately summarize and present financial information to senior management
- Must have experience with cross-functional team facilitation with other business functions.
- An in depth knowledge of the Corporation’s procurement policies and procedures and related policies is required.
The position also requires demonstrated success performing within a fast growth environment
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial
McGraw Hill Financial - 18 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....