RECRUITMENT AND EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT
PROCUREMENT ADMINISTRATOR I (4851)
CLOSING DATE: January 23, 2013
EDUCATION: Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of professional contract management or procurement experience involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with Federal and State procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
DESCRIPTION: The Procurement Administrator I is the advanced level of work in the procurement of equipment, services, construction, supplies and information technology. Employees at the advanced level administer procurement contracts which are not subject to review or approval by the Department of General Services or the Department of Budget and Management. Duties include, but are not limited to: Overseeing the procurement of all necessary services, supplies, maintenance and equipment for MDOT or its administrations; researching materials and providing testimony for MDOT regarding Board of Public Works items not under the jurisdiction of the Department of General Services or the Department of Budget and Management; developing procurement strategy for non-standard procurements; and providing recommendations to the MDOT Administrators regarding major contract issues.
The current vacancy exists at MDOT Headquarters (The Secretary's Office) in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County). The eligible list produced from the Procurement Administrator I recruitment may be utilized for other future openings within MDOT.
NOTES AND LICENSES:
1. Professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Additional graduate education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of required general experience.
3. Applicants may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination for the required education and three years of the required non-supervisory experience: Certified Purchasing Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Public Purchasing Officer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers). Specific requirements and addresses of these professional certification programs are available from the specific procurement section or the Department's Office of Human Resources.
4. Applicants may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination for the required education and two years of the required non-supervisory experience: Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National association of State Purchasing Officers). Specific requirements and addresses of these professional certification programs are available from the specific procurement section or the Department's Office of Human Resources.
5. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle and will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
TO APPLY: You must complete a MDOT application to be considered for this recruitment. RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE MDOT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. Please include all relevant experience on your application. This includes, but is not limited to, full or part time, volunteer, military, acting capacity, or any other experience that is relevant to the position you are applying for. Qualified applicants may be subject to background and reference checks. The examination for this recruitment may be an evaluation and rating of the information you provide on your application. Therefore it is important that you provide complete and accurate information. For an application, please call 410-865-1073.
Mail your application to: Recruitment and Examinations Unit, 7201 Corporate Center Drive, Mail Stop 140, Hanover, MD 21076, or you may apply online at https://jobs.mdot.state.md.us. Your application must be received by 1/23/13. Postmarks will not be accepted.
Applications sent without sufficient postage will not be accepted and will be returned. Applications sent through interoffice mail that are not received by the closing date will not be accepted. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disability will be provided upon request. Please notify in advance. MD Relay Service Number (711). Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Maryland Department of Transportation is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
The incumbent in this position may be a member of a covered bargaining unit and may be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MDOT does not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, creed, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Issue Date: 1/7/13