Bridgepoint Education is about “encouraging innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity and personal accountability, and who value teamwork, work product excellence, and proactive thinking. If you share these values and want to be part of something big, keep reading this job description!
The Procurement Administrator is a full-time employment opportunity. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Purchasing the Procurement Administrator will be responsible for helping the procurement organization at Bridgepoint Education obtain goods and services that support day to day operations across all departments through efficient use of its e-procurement platform. Bridgepoint Education is rolling out Coupa as its e-procurement platform enterprise-wide.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Apply technical and administrative knowledge in support of procurement functions and programs and serve as a systems administrator for automated e-procurement system.
- Oversee user permissions, content rights, and other “back-end” functions.
- Responsible for gaining a full understanding of the Coupa platform functionality and capabilities in order to become the Coupa platform subject matter expert.
- Prepares reports, compiles statistics from data requiring analysis and interpretation and develops formats. Timely and accurately facilitates placement of internal order requests along with associated documentation for audit purposes.
- Work involves gauging program effectiveness, performing routine audits, providing various program reports, and is responsible for making recommendations based on the analysis of results.
- Maintains company’s Coupa platform (Also known as “Purchase to Pay”).
- Issues, maintains and monitors accounts and program participant lists;
- Recommends and initiates account changes (i.e. closing accounts, placing restrictions, imposing limits) as needed;
- Provides support, training and guidance to e-procurement program participants on proper use of system application, policies and procedures.
- Creates, maintains, analyzes and provides various reports, to include program statistics, spending trends and misuse reports.
- Development and understanding of business process work flows, and configuring e-procurement platform to reflect these workflows.
- Inventory management.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve problems within the Coupa platform.
- Create and administer accounts, groups and security access for the Coupa platform.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with team members to define project scope and communicate progress milestones to support timelines and planned go-live dates.
- Identify, communicate, and champion opportunities where value can be added through process changes, policy changes, vendor changes, etc.
- Administration of user access rights to external vendor sites.
- Will work with internal and external resources to reduce or avoid costs to the business and obtaining maximum value.
- May actively manage vendor performance.
- May be a liaison between vendors, internal stakeholders, and accounts payable to help facilitate accurate billing/accounting.
- Additional duties assigned by manager.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bpiedu.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
- Demonstrated understanding of general procurement principles.
- Ability to document work in progress.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- MS Office Suite proficient, specifically Excel, Word, and Visio.
- Self starter, and team player.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects on a daily basis.
- Ability to function in fast paced environment.
This person may also work with the vendor base to secure the most effective materials and/or services while maximizing the value added to Bridgepoint Education. Such support includes compliance to contracts and agreements, KPI’s, and business-to-business relationships with key suppliers. This position is not a manufacturing oriented, MRP, or inventory fulfillment type purchasing position; it is operations/indirect procurement oriented.
- 5+ years of supply chain work/work flow experience, specifically around purchasing.
- eProcurement experience is desired, but not required.
- Willingness to take on extra responsibility and eager to drive improvement.
- Inventory control experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Bridgepoint has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in.
Bridgepoint Education understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties must apply through the Bridgepoint Education online employment application system.
Bridgepoint Education is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Wait, there’s more… For more cool up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment
screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background
investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education
credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional
reference check; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...