Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Toulouse, Tokyo, Sydney and Dubai; system production facilities in Osaka; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations.
Plans and develops bidder lists, prepares requests for proposals, reviews supplier proposals, selects qualified sources, prepares purchase contracts, and provides guidance to less experienced procurement agents. Serves as a focal point between organizations and suppliers to communicate, clarify, and resolve procurement problems and issues, and provides guidance to less experienced procurement agents.
Procurement Sourcing, Negotiating, Evaluation and Analysis Activities
• Commit the company by planning and authorizing purchase contracts, contract changes, and other procurement instruments within authorized limits.
• Support company and organization goals for small business/small disadvantaged business by promoting use of qualified sources and by seeking, encouraging, and assisting new candidates to become more qualified.
• Improve supplier performance by monitoring cost, quality, and schedule compliance; initiating and implementing appropriate action to resolve problems; and mediating conflicts with customers and suppliers.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of procurement basics, ethical business conduct, legal principles, and protection of PAC, supplier, and customer proprietary data by complying with company policies, procedures, and accepted business practices.
• Support the management of procurement packages by gaining a thorough understanding of supplier-customer relationships, by developing a working knowledge of own organization’s relationships with other PAC organizations, and by developing and implementing actions to incorporate other functional disciplines within authorized levels.
• Maintain contractual integrity of procurement packages by reviewing, determining, and incorporating appropriate State and Federal regulations, contract flow-down requirements, and other special terms and conditions peculiar to individual contract types.
• Assist in the development of other specialists by guiding their activities in areas of professional expertise.
• Contribute to the organization’s overall effectiveness by serving as team leader and managing the total procurement effort for assigned packages, including directing such tasks as fact finding, price and cost analysis, source selection, negotiations, and bidder briefings and debriefings.
• Ability to take a leadership role in the management of suppliers. Activities includes but are not limited to management of daily activities, supplier performance (cost, quality and schedule), and pricing negotiations. A leadership role will also be essential when working with internal departments.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential to this position. Regular internal contacts will include various different departments including but not limited to Engineering, Quality, Program Management, and Accounts Payable. Acts as the primary interface contact for suppliers.
• Ability to comfortably work with various levels of management.
• High level of complex problem solving is required.
• Ability to develop solid working relationships with supply base and internal customers.
• Strong customer service skills to meet expectations of external and internal suppliers through creative problem solving techniques.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office suite of software applications.
• Proficient understanding of MRP or ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Bonn).
• Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Prefer a 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in Purchasing and/or business fields.
• 6 - 10 years related experience demonstrating competency in functional assignments.
• International and domestic travel required, up to 20%.