Job Title: Procurement Analyst (Category Analyst)
Job ID: 03580
Division : Controller
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Preferred candidates will have experience working with contract terms and conditions and knowledge of supplier research techniques.
The Category Analyst is responsible for developing capable sources of supply for goods and services that enable business units to successfully achieve their objectives and contribute to the growth and profitability of the company. Identifies vendors for assigned categories and specific projects. Takes direction from sourcing consultants for work related to a specific sourcing project. Identifies and implements cost improvement opportunities and cost avoidance opportunities.
- Supplier Identification and Evaluation (35%)
- Identifies suppliers that can provide required capabilities, quality, and pricing for a specific good, service, or category. Looks for opportunities to leverage suppliers across categories.
- Evaluates existing suppliers and identifies new suppliers in order to develop and maintain a capable supply base for assigned categories.
- Obtains supplier ratings and research from supplier trade publications, rating agencies, research databases and other methods or channels.
- Maintains relationships with key suppliers in order to understand their current offerings, capabilities, and pricing. Meets with suppliers' sales representatives in order to evaluate services and products.
- Seeks out and develops woman and minority suppliers to assist in the achievement of supplier diversity goals.
- Pre-qualifies suppliers to participate in sourcing process. Maintains supplier list with details regarding pre-qualified, approved, etc.
- Provides sourcing consultants with supplier recommendations to meet the needs of specific sourcing projects.
- Secures competitive quotes from supplier base for specific sourcing project needs.
- Market Assessment (30%)
- Identifies market forces and reviews market trends for possible effect on prices of goods and services.
- Performs analysis and provides data on current and future global/domestic market conditions, benchmarks, and industry trends.
- Analyzes price and supply data.
- Compares market data with internal spend analysis to create opportunity assessment for spend categories.
- Make recommendations on use of alternate materials or products.
- Keep stakeholders advised with respect to lead time on critical services, materials or products.
- Communicate problem areas or market conditions that could have a significant effect on ability to meet business unit needs.
- Identifies and assesses international markets to source goods and services.
- Supplier Performance Measurement (20%)
- Conducts periodic reviews of supplier performance relative to service levels agreements and contract compliance; reports findings to management.
- Administers statistical and financial analysis methodology to monitor performance of acquired products and services.
- Develops specific tracking mechanisms for suppliers and categories with specific focus on data needs and strategy.
- Creates reports based on identified performance modeling criteria by category or supplier.
- Procurement of Good and Services (15%)
- Creates and manages sourcing project plans for small or less complex spend events.
- Compares supplier bids across financial parameters and identifies expected timing of savings/value cash flows. Assesses qualitative trade-offs between the different supplier proposals.
- Coordinates with the Financial Analysis Department to provide information for financial modeling including cost-benefit analysis. Performs total cost of ownership analysis to assess the pricing variables included in the supplier proposals.
- Prepares for and develops strategies and tactics for negotiations including definition or roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Coordinates the development of contract terms and conditions. Seeks the expertise of sourcing consultants for negotiating with suppliers and involves the Risk and Legal Departments as appropriate. Develops an understanding of the impacts of proposed contract terms on American Family and potential required process changes.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Information Gathering
- Problem Solving
- Demonstrated experience leading projects.
- Demonstrated experience with procurement and sourcing processes and practices.
- Solid industry and market knowledge in at least one spend category.
- Solid understanding of supplier performance management and spend analytics.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...