Carpenter Technology: It's All About Innovation
Carpenter (NYSE: CRS) is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies. We are looking to hire for the following position.
Raw Materials Analyst-Procurement
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting market research and analysis that is used in developing raw material supply strategy and support tactical decisions. The main responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Prepare management/executive view of commodity market, supply chain, and global supply and demand on an annual basis.
- Prepare raw material demand forecast and calculate PPV monthly or as needed.
- Prepares request for quotes, analyzes and provides bid tabulations, makes recommendations from analysis.
- Process raw material orders, address billing errors, prepares, verifies and communicates consignment usage reports and other tasks related to the supply and deliver of raw materials.
- Design, lead, and take responsibility for Duty Drawback program for entire organization.
- Assist in the corrective actions required from internal and external complaints of purchased raw material.
- Effectively leads and conducts supplier evaluations on a regular basis to drive improved performance.
- Create, maintain, and publish performance metrics as defined by the Senior Manager of Raw Materials and Director Procurement.
- Perform analysis and presentation of opportunities to support cost reduction or other business needs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Carpenter Technology values our employees. Our employees enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes a company funded 401K, annual bonus plan, medical/dental and much more.
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Finance or Supply Chain
- ISM Certification required with two years of employment
- Green Belt in Lean or Six Sigma or Lean/Sigma required within first year of employment
- 0-5 years of experience; preferably as an analyst and depends on education
- Proven ability to manage small projects or sub-teams such as forecasts and planning of resource requirements.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite Products with advanced excel experience.
- Knowledge of SAP, DBS, Permac and Data Warehouse preferred.
- Ability to work and solve problems effectively in a fast paced environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Carpenter Technology Corporation - 19 months ago