The IMCOM's G9 mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Reviews contracts, develops guidance and advises management and contracting officers on contracting policies and procedures.
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required
Reviews and analyzes requests for exception to policy. Publishes informational material concerning regulatory and policy changes that may be derived during the contract review process. Performs research, develops data and interprets pertinent procurement policies. Conducts procurement management reviews, generates after action reports, provides technical assistance and conducts training to improve acquisition practices. Develops, implements, and administers special projects on an as-needed basis (e.g., Agency program Coordinator for the purchase card, maintenance of the directorate's operating budget).
Provides oversight in the content development of NAF contracting courses. Assists in the formulation of the strategic plan, assists other division members, and participates in special projects. Solicits input from DoD field agencies and initiates action to improve the NAF acquisition process. Represents the command at meetings and conferences and prepares appropriate presentation documentation (e.g., slides, charts). Performs public relations and marketing including article publication and presentations.
Includes other related duties as assigned.
Must have progressive work experience that demonstrates the ability and skill to perform the duties described above using contracting theories, principles, practices and techniques. Documented experience must have been equivalent in complexity and difficulty to the next lower grade/level. Must have excellent organizational skills; be highly skilled in written and verbal communications. Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and other software as required, and be able to meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred are those candidates who possess a bachelor's degree, with a major course of study in a closely related field, and work experience as described above.
Must have previous work experience that demonstrates the ability and skill to perform the duties described above using contracting theories, principles, practices and techniques. Must have excellent organizational skills; be highly skilled in written and verbal communications. Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and other software as required, and be able to meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Priority consideration will be given to current and former NAF and current DOD APF employees serving in a continuous APF position without time limits for at least one year.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the knowledge, skills, and abilities as described in your resume.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...