Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
Procurement & Strategic Sourcing is responsible for facilitating all non-merchandise procurement and sourcing activities to deliver lowest total cost, while continually pursuing increased efficiency, defined and relevant processes, and mutually beneficial supplier partnerships. Drives best practices, processes, and improvements in supplier sourcing, selection, negotiation, business owner (internal stakeholder) coordination, contract preparation and execution, supplier relationship management, and supplier evaluation. Our mission is to consistently add value to the business through best in class Procurement and Strategic Sourcing principles.
The Procurement Analyst supports PetSmart's non-merchandise Procurement & Strategic Sourcing environment by providing analysis, reporting, and execution for a variety of non-merchandise goods, services, supplies, and materials in the most cost-effective and efficient manner. This may include (but not be limited to): commodities, capital purchases, information technology, services, signage, supplies, building materials, marketing materials, and fixtures.
This position plays a significant role in identifying opportunities to reduce spend, leverage volume, consolidate suppliers, and maximize market opportunities for mostly non-merchandise goods and services influenced by the Procurement & Strategic Sourcing team. This role supports the Procurement & Strategic Sourcing team by continuously identifying opportunities to improve policies, processes and systems to enhance organizational efficiency and meet expense and capital objectives. This position assists in generating company savings by applying strong financial, analytical, communication, and presentation skills to identify, recommend, and present opportunities to impact the bottom line. Quantitative analysis, statistic fundamentals, strong math skills, and financial modeling are essential. Strength in using tools such as Excel, Access, Spend Analytics, TCO modeling, SAP, and Microstrategy (BI/PAW) are required for success in this role. This position partners with all members of the sourcing team and engages with stakeholders and their FP&A partners across the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Support the development of potential cost reduction forecasts to prioritize recommendations and partner with sourcing team members, stakeholders and finance managers to accurately report results and recommendations that affect PetSmart.
•Apply mathematical modeling (TCO tools), business intelligence reporting / data mining techniques (Microstrategy, SAP, Spend Analytics, MS Excel, MS Access), and other optimizing methods in support of recommendations to assist stakeholders, team members, and management with identifying cost reduction opportunities, decision making, policy formulation, process improvement, and other functions.
• Analyze and report performance measures and associated KPIs that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance and quantified savings.
• Develop, improve and implement effective and efficient non-merchandise procurement processes and procedures to align with the business providing a centralized point of sourcing information, and supplier management.
•Prepare and present reports, summaries, analysis, and recommendations effectively to team members, stakeholders, business partners and management to support tactical and strategic objectives.
• Identify trends and developments in competitive environments as well as the current supplier base and present those findings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college or university with demonstrated strong academic and analytical performance; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to quantify analyses and present findings
• Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to produce accurate reporting under tight deadlines
• Ability to interpret and utilize key financial and statistical data
• Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritizing skills
• Intermediate to Advance skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Sharepoint).
• Team player with a willingness and ability to adapt to change
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities and initiate change to improve procurement processes
• Microstrategy (PAW/BI) Business Intelligence Analytics (data mining)
• SAP transactions codes (specifically supplier and GL account related)
• Microsoft applications (i.e. Outlook, OneNote, Project)
• Knowledge of Procurement process and practices
• D&B / Hoover's Financial Analysis & financial statement interpretation
• Knowledge of PetSmart's financial planning processes.
• Degree Level: Bachelors Degree
• Minimum Years Experience: 2-3
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 20 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...