This position is responsible for the end-to-end Procurement process within the assigned area of responsibility, which includes having buying responsibility for goods and services up to $100K. This may include the sourcing and management of a vast array of categories and commodities for one or more of the RAI operating companies via a service agreement.
- Manage day-to-day supplier interfaces (including POs/discrepancies/deliveries, etc.)
- Analyze quotations and makes sourcing recommendations.
- Communicate with clients, suppliers, and other Procurement staff to ensure the timely delivery of, and payment for, required materials or services.
- Collaborate with client groups to define and communicate item or service specifications and requirements.
- Utilizing third party resources, manages the creation and management of contracts, Rfx initiatives and Auctions in the eProcurement tool, and the execution of accompanying purchase orders.
- Support strategic planning and the Procurement process for assigned commodities and services while exercising good business and analytical skills.
- Develop, manage, and maintain supplier relationships which provide a competitive advantage.
- Apply market research and analysis for recommendations made to client groups.
- Perform Spend analysis
- Manages special projects and/or assignments as required, using approved guidelines.
High School Diploma or equivalent and 4+ years of relevant work experience
Associate Degree in Business or related field and 2+ years relevant work experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field
Two years relevant work experience preferred
Ability to make sound and timely decisions in a fast paced environment
Strong analytical skills
Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Strong functional knowledge of computers and information systems
Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, and adaptable to change
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
RJ Reynolds - 17 months ago
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...