Northern Tier Energy’s St. Paul Park Refinery has a
full-time, exempt opening for a Procurement Buyer. This
position works a 4 day 10 hour work schedule with
additional hours as required. The Buyer will be
responsible for ensuring that the competitive bidding
process is followed; review and approve all purchase
orders per the Company signature and Authority Matrix.
The Buyer will also support the organization during the
review and negotiation of contract terms and conditions
and resolving conflict with suppliers.
- Lead and execute refinery & retail supplier sourcing
- Complete commercial bid evaluations arriving at best
and purchase recommendations prior to issuance of
- Lead commercial negotiations while developing bid
capital equipment and material purchase orders.
equipment and materials.
- Foster supplier relationships for permanent
Function as procurement team member in communicating
with the leadership teams, in supporting successful
cradle to grave supply chain functions.
achieve delivery of all project equipment and
- Coordinate department activities and resources to
firm quotes, pricing, and lead time
- Support the proposal department with budget and /or
with large orders
- Assess and manage the commercial risk associated
create or modify and maintain appropriate work
- Establish procurement policies, ensure compliance,
cost reduction targets.
- Deliver third party spend savings to achieve site
contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with established strategies,
so as to meet business challenges and identify
- Manage relationships with key third party providers
market, including: a strong understanding of the
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the supply
drivers of value and cost for principal providers in
the market; strong knowledge of the risks in the
market and how best to respond.
organizational and reporting skills in allowing
- Candidate will possess good problem solving ability,
candidate to function effectively facing multiple
challenges and deadlines.
professional standards as governed by company and
- Consistently maintain highest ethical and
Management, Business Administration or related field
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Supply Chain
functions for both manufacturing/refining & retail
- 2+ years’ experience managing the procurement
- Experience with large capital spends
- Oracle and MS Office experience
- Demonstrated ability and skills to engage and
organizational and reporting skills
- Possession of good problem solving ability,
NTE offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Northern Tier Energy (NTE) is an independent downstream energy company with refining, and pipeline operations serving the PADD II region of...