The Vice President for Finance and Administration division is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Procurement Commodity Manager dedicated to Auxiliary and General Operations.
Established in 1804, OHIO University is the oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Ohio & the first in the Northwest Territory. Located in the scenic Appalachian foothills, its classic residential campus in Athens, Ohio, is one of the most attractive in the nation.
The position of Commodity Manager serves as the primary purchasing commodity liaison for review, RFP design, bid events, purchase, receipt, and control of all products and supplier relationships within assigned commodities. Provide expertise and leadership to secure assigned commodities.
- Directs goods and service purchases and performance for those suppliers identified within scope of responsibility (i.e. athletics, computers, chemicals, dining, lab supplies, and gas cylinders, facilities, etc). Market and promote said goods and services within the university community to include developing and maintaining documented and routine business reviews with primary suppliers and related customers.
- Serve as resource to buyer service representative in related commodities. Responsible for the purchase and control of all product lines/ commodities within delegated scope. Act as buyer service representative at certain dollar thresholds and when necessary. Issue Purchase Orders.
- Actively seek creative ideas and procedures from outside sources to provide the “Best of Class” Purchasing experience for the end user. Resolve customer problems promptly with suppliers.
- Negotiate best pricing and procedural processes with these suppliers on an ongoing basis. Help to develop internal controls, identify off standard supplier or customer situations and recommend corrective action.
- Provide support in the development of strategic partnerships with suppliers for best price, value added products and service.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable federal, state and, local regulations governing purchases and contracts within areas of responsibility.
- Maintain all documentation in compliance with “Best Practices” and Internal Audit procedures of quotes, supplier profiles, cost savings documentation, receipts, reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 year of Procurement experience.
- Ability to proactively and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Experience navigating an ERP or related system, preferably in Procurement related modules on the administration side.
- The incumbent may work nights and weekends in order to meet project and reporting deadlines.
- Experience in Procurement related modules on the administrative side.
Established in 1804, Ohio University is the oldest institution of higher learning in the state. Located in the classic college town of...