POSITION: Procurement Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Logistics Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
CAPSULE POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Under general direction of the Logistics Manager, the Procurement Coordinator is responsible for acquiring, purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment and supplies for requisitioned material. The qualified candidate must be able to work select events to support department responsibilities and exhibit excellent customer service for external and internal organizational partners. This position requires attention to detail and ability to handle multiple situations at one time.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaboration with key internal/external resources and 3) Ongoing self development.
KRA'S (Key Responsibility Areas):
1. Correspond with vendor/supplier contacts regarding request for quotes and purchases from internal customers.
2. Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine if they are compatible with company objectives.
3. Prepare, review and track purchase orders, price changes and system updates.
4. Monitors quality of goods by reviewing costs, schedules, timeliness of delivery and conformance to specifications.
5. Assist in generating purchase request form(s) and obtaining appropriate cost centers and authorizations.
6. Maintain knowledge of and monitor compliance of SMWBE participation and reporting.
7. Assist with the recruiting and registration of new vendors/suppliers.
8. Negotiates with vendors to obtain quotations, prices and delivery times.
9. Assist Logistics Manager with additional duties as assigned.
The following measurement methods are intended to provide a sound basis for assessing the performance of the jobholder in this position. Although numerous methods are listed as suggested measurements the supervisor may elect to select only specific ones based on the need of the company at any point in time.
- Achievement of Business Unit’s Strategic Plan
- Vision, Mission and Values Alignment
- Internal / External Service Surveys and Feedback
- IDP/Self Development Goal Achievement
- Accident / Safety Results
- Direct Business Results
- College Degree preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in a customer service role
- Proficient in Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- The ability to pass a background investigation and possesses an acceptable driving record
- Previous procurement/logistics experience a plus
- Able to work 40 hours a week including select event nights
- Able to lift 50 lbs
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please briefly explain your experience with customer service.
2. What is your proficiency level with Microsoft Suite?
3. Provide an example of an achievement for which you are proud.
4. Please provide a brief example of a time where your negotiating skills assisted you in balancing an important service relationship with a business need.
NBA - 2 years ago