- Requisition #: 210842862
- Job Category: Engineering
- Operation: GBS Procurement
- Job Group: Intern-Coop
- Job Grade: 007
- Job Code: S008
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ATLANTA, GA 30328 - Morris Road Location
Candidates for this Summer Internship must be a current student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business with at least two years of course-work completed towards a degree.
UPS purchases transportation services from airlines, ocean carriers, railroad and trucking companies (carriers). Basic models to evaluate carrier performance exist but need to be enhanced.
There are several key deliverables that will result from the project tasks.
- Assess and analyze the existing methods, tools and performance indicators and identify improvement areas.
- Gather intelligence regarding carrier performance measures through internal and external sources (market research, interviews, etc.) to determine industry standards and best practices.
- Make recommendations for the Carrier Performance Scorecard (for the assigned mode or business unit) including defined performance metrics/weights, measurement type (frequency, percent effective, etc.), data source and report format.
- Efforts focused on ensuring data accuracy and efficiency of data processing (maximizing automation versus key entry).
- Effective time management with the ability to direct simultaneous/multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills which are essential in one-on-one and group settings
- Detail oriented, self motivated, creative and enthusiastic
- Ability to document and maintain accurate records
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel; Access knowledge preferred
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
- Ability to deliver results and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and follow through with various duties and tasks
- Good problem solving abilities
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sufficient knowledge of computers and technology
- Ability to become proficient in UPS internal communications systems
- Professional in appearance, actions and behaviors
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Authorized to Work in the U.S.
UPS - 18 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...