Responsible for the design and implementation of new business processes leading to more cost effective acquisition of products and services for a company with locations nationwide. Negotiates, plans and develops procurement programs with a variety of vendors. Manages continuous improvement in purchasing and procurement policies to support the company’s strategic plan. You will review budgets and capital expenditure plans, develop vendor forecasts and procure materials to ensure on-time deliveries according to business requirements, while achieving cost and quality objectives.
Experience / Training / Education:
- Provides strategic direction for procurement efforts. Establishes, communicates, and implements procurement objectives, policies, and operating procedures to meet corporate objectives.
- Analyzes and understands the current processes used by various departments and functions throughout the organization.
- Develops and implements best practice sourcing strategies relevant to a multi-location company. Develops an understanding of future business objectives in order to design and implement consistent and efficient processes and systems for the acquisition of goods and services. Works effectively with key stakeholders to ensure best practices are widely adopted by Company’s operating units.
- Leads in the process for selecting and managing providers. Establishes and maintains contractual and business relationships with vendors, monitors contract compliance and adjusts sourcing strategies based on changing business needs.
- Measures and tracks performance within each spend category and define budgetary impact.
- Remains current with market trends through relationships with vendors and market experts and identify and communicate new technologies and solutions.
- Prepares requests for quotes and analyzes vendor proposals. Creates and maintains central repository for all contracts, master service agreement and service level agreements. Develops and maintains Approved Vendor List.
- Respond to any all requests from lenders with any and all due diligence requests including, but not limited to business continuity plans, anti-money laundering, information security, so we’re always communicating one consistent message.
- Develop own due diligence questions to ask of our vendors and lenders, as well as scorecards, to maintain and ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 10+ years related experience with a minimum of 5 years management experience.
- Prior experience in the mortgage/lending industry strongly preferred
- Any similar combination of education and experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong strategic sourcing, project management, financial analysis, business and contract negotiation, and strong leadership skills. The candidate must have the ability to comprehend complex, technical and financial issues while reducing these to effective action plan.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement operational requirements and strategic sourcing initiatives
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and detail oriented individual.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Solomon and/or PeopleSoft user preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated skill in planning and leading “win-win” negotiations and experience in structuring and managing supplier contracts.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, suppliers, affiliates, and professional organizations
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve helped over 30 million people in the home buying process, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo).
Through our other companies Tree.com, LendingTreeAutos, DegreeTree, DoneRight, and Getsmart, we serve as an indispensable ally for consumers who are looking to comparison shop for loans, home improvement, insurance, educational institutions and autos.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re on a tear. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
Want to wear shorts and comfy shoes to work? No problem! Our clothes are casual, but our work ethic is anything but. Every one of us is expected to challenge the status quo, to have an opinion and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals… then we have some fun!
We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
Tree.com - 14 months ago