This role is part of the World Wide Procurement Team based in Cupertino. This is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. The successful candidate will be a self-starter; who is able to work independently. Experienced in Procurement, Business Management and Project Management. Must be an excellent communicator and a strong negotiator.
As the Procurement Manager for the WW Logistics team at Apple, you will be responsible for:
- Managing Apple’s Americas and Emerging Markets outbound shipping spend and for ensuring that customers receive Apple deliveries on time.
- Responsible for the qualification, selection and contract negotiation of B2B, B2C outbound transportation services which support our WW operations.
- Responsible for maintaining the business relationships with the Regional Business Leaders and ensuring that Corporate Procurement Strategies align with Regional Logistics efforts.
Typical responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for the qualification, selection and contracting of parcel and trucking logistics services, which support our Americas operations.
- Development of strategies to ensure that freight availability is aligned with Apple’s projected growth.
- Developing a strategy for ensuring that freight is available on time to Apple’s customers at the lowest possible cost.
- Responsible for negotiating carrier contracts and the financial analysis associated with driving an agreement that supports Apple’s objectives.
- Responsible for review of all business documents being released to the suppliers: RFPs, RFIs, Statement of Work (SOW), Master Agreements (MSAs), and formal communications. Working closely with Legal and the Manager of WW Logistics procurement
- Ensure that procurement efforts are accomplished on time to meet the business schedules.
- Ensures NDA, SOW's and Master Contracts are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
- Works closely with Operational teams to ensure service quality is maintained and to drive improvements.
- Owns and drives the completion of metrics and the delivery of the Business Reviews
- Conduct benchmarking exercises to assess competitiveness of Apple’s rates and identify any potential future partners
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations, surcharge and accessorial avoidance in compliance with Logistics Procurement Policies.
- Market Intelligence: Develop and build Logistics commodity and industry knowledge to support and influence long-term strategy that meets future needs of Apple and convey a unified, consistent message to the supply base.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters preferred.
5+ Years experience in logistics industry with hands on experiences in international freight management for high tech goods. Experience across parcel, cargo airline operations, 3PL freight management across multiple geographies; especially the Americas.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to project-manage, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, inter personal and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence others.
- Capable of working individually or as part of a multifunctional team including peers and/or senior managers.
- Supplier Management experience in the Procurement / Logistics area.
- Logistics Supply base knowledge.
- Contract experience.
- Negotiation skills.
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...