Procurement Manager, North American Operations - Boston, MA
In the past decade, Brookfield Renewable has more than tripled in size by investing in high-quality hydropower and wind generation assets. With continued strong growth prospects for the future, we are striving to add to our experienced and dedicated North American workforce. To that end, we have created a number of new employment opportunities and invite you to explore the following position in our North American Operations group:
This position presents an opportunity to participate in a growth oriented organization and to gain exposure and understanding of the energy industry. This role is ideally suited to a highly knowledgeable, career oriented designated professional seeking a challenging opportunity. Reporting to the Director of Procurement (North America), the Procurement Manager is responsible for the management and execution of activities surrounding the procurement of all goods, services, equipment and materials required for large (over $100K) procurements in support of U.S. and Canadian operations. This includes capital equipment and services, major maintenance and new development of renewable generating stations.
- Strategically partner with the operational groups to source and procure highly technical services and materials for the Renewable Power industry.
- Negotiate price terms and conditions with contractors/vendors, including long-term alliance contracts.
- Provide analyses and recommendations to support purchasing and contractual decisions.
- Identify and qualify new sources of supply.
- Identify and execute strategic sourcing opportunities across 190+ generating facilities.
- Work closely with project management and executives to ensure efficient and consistent procurement practices through all stages of the project.
- Stay current with market requirements, resources, pricing and trends.
- Willingness and capability to travel.
- Ability to understand the commercial and technical needs of the Renewable Energy business.
- Ability to source and evaluate bids and proposals including review of procurement documents.
- Effectively and professionally interact with remotely located business staff and vendor/contractor personnel.
- Positive, proactive approach to enhancing procurement methods and company practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field.
- MBA or Engineering Graduate Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Power, Construction, Petrochemicals or related fields.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with established, recognized procurement practices.
Up to 15% Travel
Brookfield Renewable Energy Group operates the renewable generation and power utility portfolios for Brookfield Asset Management, a global alternative asset manager with over $175 billion of assets under management. Brookfield Renewable's employees have responsibility for over 200 renewable power generation facilities and 53,000 kilometers of electrical transmission and distribution assets in North and Latin America. As a global leader in clean energy, Brookfield's portfolio totals over 5,800 megawatts of installed capacity, primarily hydroelectric, powering over three million average homes each year in 12 power markets. For more information on our publicly traded entity, Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners, please visit www.brookfieldrenewable.com .
Brookfield Renewable Power - 9 months ago
To Brookfield Asset Management, generating money comes naturally. The company has approximately $150 billion in assets under management,...