The role of the Procurement Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize purchasing and procurement strategies for technology spend across the North American organization. This includes acquiring resources within budget and facilitating communication between the enterprise and its providers in order to deliver products and services according to plan. The Procurement Manager will also help the organization to define the objectives of products and services in order to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles.
Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings.
- Develop, establish, implement, and enforce supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements to the organization.
- Comply with all purchasing policies and procedures, including those for equipment, hardware, software, and service provision, in conjunction with department leads and department-specific requirements.
- Analyze trends and market conditions for present and future pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity of goods and services.
- Interview, identify, and qualify potential new vendors or suppliers in order to secure more cost-effective sources of products and services.
- Develop and deliver purchasing and inventory reports, bid proposals, requirements documentation, and tender documents.
- Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of contracts with contractors and/or service providers.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes as needed.
- Direct and manage sourcing strategies from beginning to end.
- Monitor vendor, service provider, outsourcer, and/or contractor performance to ensure quality of service.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent sourcing activities.
- Effectively communicate procurement strategies to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Where necessary, develop and implement plans to auction, recycle, or otherwise sell obsolete inventory and equipment.
- Where necessary, coordinate delivery, installation, and storage of office equipment, furniture, and other collateral.
- If possible, standardize equipment to lower total costs.
- Excellent contract management skills are essential.
- Effective bartering and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services.
- Superb budgeting, inventory, and cost-management skills.
- General knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and logistics.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into product and service-related issues.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Can conform to shifting priorities in spending strategies, product demands, and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent with minimum experience of 5-10 years managing the procurement function. MBA preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Firstsource Careers - 5 months ago
Firstsource is a leading global provider of business process management services. Founded in 2001, Firstsource ranks third in BusinessWeek's...