This position will be part of the procurement team, driving the procurement process development and improvement, as well as daily sourcing activities.
• Periodically review the corporate procurement processes, identify areas of improvement and carry out improvement initiatives.
• Assist or lead in development and communication of procurement strategies, policies and procedures.
• Assist or lead in implementation of procurement solutions and processes.
• Assist and participate in preparation and conducting business reviews with strategic suppliers.
• Prepare, solicit and evaluate quotes or competitive bids from suppliers and negotiate pricing.
• Evaluate and approve suppliers and purchases within specific categories and thresholds.
• Provide assistance to employees on complex purchases as required.
• Manage tactical supplier relationships and work with the accounts payable team to ensure resolution of purchase/invoicing issues.
• Assist sourcing initiatives by helping gather key business requirements, data and feedback in selection process.
• Review and approve purchase requests, ensure company personnel are using preferred suppliers as appropriate, ensure preferred pricing, service levels and agreed upon terms and conditions are being honored by suppliers in transactions.
• Assist in development of Requests for Proposal and Requests for Quotation.
• Assist in identifying qualified suppliers (new and current) in support of sourcing initiatives.
• Develop and build strong relationships with appropriate divisional and corporate management and resources.
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in business management
5+ years of indirect procurement management experience, solid understanding of business fundamentals, procurement knowledge and experience on the processes and procedures.
Demonstrated expertise in continues process improvement concepts, practices and procedures.
Experience in negotiations and management of large contracts such as enterprise software, hardware and support services contracts.
Experience working in a fast passed environment, excellent communications skills both written and verbal and able to influence the decision-making process.
Able to excel working in a diverse multi-cultural environment with offices around the globe and to take ownership and drive initiatives.
Experience working in a Tier 1 semiconductor company strongly preferred.
Procurement certification in SPSM or APICS is a strong plus.
OmniVision Technologies - 12 months ago