Rich Products Corporation is known around the world as the founder of the non-dairy segment of the frozen food industry and the leading supporter and solutions provider to the Food Service, In-Store Bakery and Retail marketplaces. We are one of the world's premier family-owned food companies with more than 7,300 associates worldwide.
We currently have a great opportunity as a Procurement Manager in our Global Procurement department. Please visit our website at www.richs.com/careers to apply for this position or view other exciting opportunities.
Lead specific enterprise-wide buying categories within US/Canada (US/C) Procurement to ensure optimum quality, price and service in support of Rich's corporate strategies as well as customer needs.
* Assume accountability for the supply of assigned buying categories as assigned within US/C Procurement. This includes responsibility for:
- Buying Strategy
- Optimum cost
- Quality, incoming material and complaint resolution
- Supplier contract compliance, service, management, qualifications, negotiation
- Material planning and control
- Purchase order administration
- Supplier qualification
- Joint Process Improvement (JPI)
- Project Management
- Risk Management (Supply and Financial)
* Lead and maintain an effective Supplier Metrics Programs to periodically evaluate supplier's performance, provide feedback, and develop continuous improvement plans.
* Work with the US/C Ingredient and Commodities Directors, Procurement Finance & Performance to validate cost reduction proposals and track project implementation.
* Communicate category plans, results, risks, opportunities, decision and market intelligence to appropriate stakeholders (US/C Directors, Business Unit Management, Plant Sites).
* Develop the Procurement Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and forecast variances, risks, and opportunities as required: adjust RMC cost standards quarterly.
* Maintain information and data in the procurement system (PO administration)
* Participate in acquisition and joint venture due diligence and integration projects.
* Support Global regional procurement departments as necessary.
Strategic Sourcing Support:
* Support the Strategic sourcing process by contributing to the team's sourcing strategies, negotiations, contract recommendations, implementation plans, and JPI implementation plans.
* Identify, document and apply best practices and leverage intellectual capital gathered from other parts of the organization and external sources.
* Maintain an up-to-date awareness of trends, developments, innovations and activities in the markets, industries and suppliers specific to the buying category responsibility.
New Product Development and R&D Support:
* Represent Global Procurement with business unit resources, Quality and R&D as assigned.
* Participate in the new product development process and stage gate process as assigned.
What do I need to be considered a candidate?
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field with ten years related experience OR MBA, Master's degree in related area with eight years related experience of which five years in significant project leadership and/or management role.
Strong procurement knowledge of practices and principles.
Strategic Sourcing experience.
High level negotiation Skills.
Demonstrated track record of success in supplier management.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite qualified candidates to apply. As part of our efforts to provide a safe and productive environment and hire talented and qualified associates, we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations.
Rich's - 17 months ago