SEPTA serves Philadelphia, the surrounding counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery as well as many parts of Delaware and New Jersey. One of Delaware Valley's largest employers, SEPTA is proud of its workforce numbering nearly 9,000. Our dedicated employees work diligently as a team to provide consistent, reliable and safe transportation service to over 300 million passengers annually.
SEPTA operates over 80 million vehicle miles of service a years on routes totaling 2,750.
Salary range: $43K to $54K
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, procures parts, materials, services, and any other items, which do not typically lend themselves to post-award administration under one of three defined sections (Infrastructure, Rail Vehicles, or Automotive) within the Procurement and Contracts Department. Interface with assigned end-user departments in diligently meeting the needs of assigned area(s) in primarily procuring routine items not generally requiring considerable in-depth knowledge of the relevant section. All duties to be completed in strict compliance with the Authority's Procurement Manual and regulations imposed by SEPTA's funding agencies.
1. Under direct supervision from the Manager, ensure that stock and non-stock purchase requisitions are processed expeditiously and in a manner to encourage fair and open competition. Promote all procurement tools required to achieve the goal of open competition while expediting the process. If purchased items require staff summaries to be prepared based upon the dollar value, these items typically would require basic knowledge of the section's items and old staff summaries/solicitation packages would generally be revised and/or duplicated.
2. Responsible for the development review and critique of bid solicitation packages, certified bid tabulations, recommendation for award, contract awards and purchase orders, ensuring appropriate back-up documentation for accuracy, clarity, completeness, and adherence to the Authority's Procurement Manual.
3. Conduct and present findings of responsibility reviews for prospective awardees utilizing Financial Statement Analysis including the review of Balance Sheets and Income Statements.
4. Perform cost and/or price analysis to substantiate Sole Source and Single Bid awards.
5. Draft, analyze, and present modifications of specialized contract terms and conditions (i.e., commodity dependent escalation/de-escalation provisions) to the Legal Department for approval. May prepare Cure Notices or Termination for Cause correspondence as appropriate.
6. Utilize Mainframe/Web based PC software system, such as electronic procurement system, Excel, Access and software technologies for procurement and management reporting responsibilities.
7. Interface with end-user departments to prioritize and achieve maximum effectiveness in acquiring material and services supporting Authority vehicle fleets and other requirements.
8. In addition to handling all activities of routine procurement, assist the Senior Procurement Officer and/or Manager with non-routine or non-standard procurement activities (e.g., assists with the processing of solicitation packages and the preparation of purchase orders with non-routine or non-standard procurement activities)
9. Always ensures appropriate back-up documentation is prepared accurately, clearly, completely, and in adherence to the Authority's Procurement Manual.
10. In coordination with the Compliance and Support Services Section, assist with the development and maintenance of an active database of material and commodities purchased by the Authority.
11. Monitor vendor compliance with SEPTA specifications and delivery requirements. Effectively, manage and correct deficiencies noted.
12. Promote, maintain and manage an environment of utmost professional and ethical relationships between Authority procurement personnel and SEPTA's suppliers to ensure an atmosphere of unrestricted market competition for the Authority's business.
13. Performs other duties as assigned/required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
To complement the salary, SEPTA offers an excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a free employee pass on all modes of SEPTA Transportation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management or a related field and previous experience in purchasing, (i.e., sourcing, purchase order placement, negotiations), resource control, or contract administration preferred.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered (two (2) years of related experience equating to one (1) year of post-high school education).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service and analytical skills required.
- Proven ability to utilize computer software, mainframe capabilities, Internet based procurement functions, and MS Word and Excel Programs.
If you wish to apply for this position, just click on the "Apply to This Job" link at the top and bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity
SEPTA - 2 years ago
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, known as SEPTA, provides passenger transportation services in the Philadelphia area....