The Procurement/Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day procurement and purchasing operations and initiatives. This is a hands-on position.
- 5 years experience in a corporate Procurement/Purchasing organization
- Knowledge of purchasing practices, procedures, and vendor selection and justification
- High degree of MS Excel proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with others at all levels
- Highly motivated and results-driven
- Proactive, with a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Federal contracting experience
- This is a hands-on position. No direct reports
- AS or BS degree
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and practices
- Establish new vendors by collecting and maintaining vendor data (ie. supplier evaluation forms, W-9s, etc)
- Contact vendors to initiate negotiations for products/services, examine bids, issue purchase orders and supplier contracts
- Maintain strong, positive working relationships with vendors and potential vendors
- Work with the Subcontracts Manager on government subcontract needs
- Make vendor recommendations
- Resolve invoice issues and coordinate return purchase orders
- Provide support for supplier diversity initiatives
- Monitor industry practices to maintain awareness of current/future trends and market conditions/leading edge practices
- Develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate and maintain a database of qualified suppliers
- Coordinate procurement activities with client requirements
- Continuously evaluate vendor performance and reliability and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Provide support and training on company purchasing and procurement systems and procedures
- Establish and maintain contract database for all vendors including vendor forms, W-9 forms, up-to-date Insurance certificates and cost/commitment analysis and tracking
Applied Communication Sciences is Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected characteristic. Applied Communication Sciences is an E-Verify Employer. EEO/MF/DV/AA.
Applied Communication Sciences has nearly three decades of applying our deep research and development capabilities and broad operations and...