What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Bank of the West has an exciting new role for a Procurement Specialist that will be responsible
for supporting procurement policies and procedures for assigned business clients. Collaborates with key stakeholders in developing sourcing strategies and driving improvements to lower the total costs and mitigate contractual risks. Maintains exceptional sourcing strategies and superior supplier relationships. Must have a experience negotiating terms and conditions.
Responsible for supporting procurement policies and procedures for assigned business clients. Collaborates with key stakeholders in developing sourcing strategies and driving improvements to lower the total costs and mitigate contractual risks. Maintains exceptional sourcing strategies and superior supplier relationships. Must have a experience negotiating terms and conditions.
Essential Job Functions
1. Identifies and implements solutions to drive incremental cost reductions and cost-avoidance opportunities for assigned categories.
2. Interacts with and supports multiple business units, internal and external Stakeholders, functions and Suppliers.
3. Effectively influences and aligns strategies and expectations and manages individual priorities given a set of performance objectives.
4. Manages Suppliers including supplier development and performance management. Leads complex contract negotiations – balancing of risk and rewards.
5. Provides guidance to internal business clients on Procurement capabilities and processes. Works to ensure team cost savings (reduction, and avoidance) goals are achieved or exceeded and ensures business control compliance.
6. Analyzes data and strategic opportunities and Suggests and implements process improvements.
7. Works with Business Units and Corporate Legal in negotiating pricing and terms and conditions related to sourcing agreements.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Master’s/Advanced Degree preferred
• 10 or more years of relevant experience in procurement.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Proven ability in managing high-level complex supplier contracts and partnerships
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...