Competitively procures quality goods and services, including professional services and information technology, in a timely, cost efficient manner for Community Transit’s internal customers. Establishes multi-year contracts and conducts formal and informal procurement processes, including contract administration, for all departments.
1. Coordinates, prepares and conducts formal and informal public procurement processes for quotations, RFPs, RFQs and ITBs, including the facilitation of bid openings, bid/pre-proposal conferences, evaluations, negotiations, interviews, and contract administration. Maintains contract files for procurements in compliance with local, state and federal audit regulations.
2. Researches and purchases unusual or hard-to-find goods and services. Collects specific data/information on specifications. Resources and evaluates “best value” purchases and makes recommendations to end users.
3. Conducts procurements and establishes multi-year contracts for a wide variety of purchases for goods and services, including professional services and information technology.
4. Establishes a reliable vendor base. Researches potential vendors and offerings; evaluates quality of products and services.
5. Provides guidance and training to purchasing assistant and end-users with regards to general purchases.
6. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Associate's degree or two-year technical certificate in business administration, purchasing or a related field 3 years of progressively responsible experience in public procurement for goods and services Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office Suite and familiarity with the Internet Skill in communication and interpersonal relations as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction Desirable Qualifications: CPPO, CPPB, C.P.M., or CACM designation Experience with PeopleSoft Financials Knowledge of public procurement, contract management, applicable procurement regulations, and general business practices
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of public procurement, contract management, applicable procurement regulations, and general business practices Knowledge of applicable procurement regulations including DBE requirements Knowledge of a wide variety of goods and services Knowledge in the use of databases and spreadsheets Skills Required: Skill in oral and written communications, and use of computers and required software Skill in applying analytical skills to complex problems and issues and making good business decisions backed by thoughtful analysis and facts Skill in researching and evaluating products for cost, quality and availability. Skill in determining and meeting the needs of internal customers Skill in basic mathematical computations Skill in attention to detail and accuracy Skill in communication and interpersonal relations as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction Selection Process: Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for a variety of tests to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities required at entry for this position. Test scores remain valid for six months from test date and vacancies for the next six months may be filled from the finalist group. Testing may include interviews, background checks, credit checks, references and various performance tests.
Application Process – Online only: Only on-line applications will be accepted and must include a completed application with job history listed and supplemental questions. Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up to six months after the date this position closes. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
First consideration will be given to the first thirty complete applications received. Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Community Transit's online store sells all variety of bus passes and tickets except for annual PugetPasses and Regional Reduced Fare...