Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Procurement Specialist for the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in our Arlington, VA office.
Crown Agents is an international development company with offices in more than 30 countries, employing over 600 personnel worldwide. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients, particularly in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening. Crown Agents currently operates in more than 85 countries on projects with an annual value of more than $181 million.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), and the Gates Foundation.
CA-USA is a subcontractor to the Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) on the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) contract for USAID as part of the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. SCMS strengthens or establishes secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable supply chains capable of meeting the care and treatment needs of people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS. In coordination with in-country and international partners, SCMS assists programs to enhance their supply-chain capacity, ensuring that accurate supply-chain information is collected, shared, and used. SCMS provides quality, affordable, health care products to those who need them.
Role & Responsibilities
To provide a professional procurement service to the SCMS project; ensuring that SCMS procurement policies and operating procedures are followed in the purchasing of quality assured commodities to target timescales at a competitive price.
To purchase health goods and equipment in compliance with aid donor regulations, end user requirements and appropriate procedures and standards of ethical procurement, through the following:
- Clarify specifications with client/technical specialists to fully understand requirement.
- Identify sources to meet specifications using international sources.
- Ensure all commodities meet quality standards and pass USG/FDA tests of Quality, Efficacy and Safety.
- Coordinate procurement activities of SCMS in liaison with CA UK and in country teams.
- Contribute to the request for waiver process.
- Contribute to Registration database, appraise supplier performance and manage the relationship with suppliers.
- Prepare and issue tender documents.
- Evaluate tenders taking into consideration relevant criteria and ability to comply with terms and conditions.
- Make recommendation and confirm order with the in country client through Project Management Office.
- Negotiate cost reductions with suppliers as appropriate.
- Prepare contract orders.
- Liaise with supplier/Shipping Coordinator as necessary to ensure timely collection from suppliers, shipping and delivery.
- Check supplier invoices and arrange payment.
- Resolve post contract complaints and issues.
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested
- To maintain an on-going relationship with the client and all stakeholders, keeping them informed, responding to needs and developing solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- Professional procurement certification desired.
- Fluency in English required; Knowledge of Spanish, French, or Portuguese desired.
- Legal ability to work in USA is required.
- Three or more years related procurement experience desired.
- Interest, knowledge, or training in international development.
- Experience with the procurement of medical commodities desired.
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being resourceful and flexible, which is inherent in this position.
- A demonstrated background in procurement utilizing the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) desired.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to email@example.com . Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department at ADArequests@crownagents.com . Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.