Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost. Requires an associate's degree or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Candidate will be responsible for the procurement of supplies, materials, and equipment necessary for the operation of the organization. Other duties will include:
To be successful you should exhibit the following qualities:
- Self-starter with a passion for solving problems
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals and groups
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, meet deadlines and focus despite conflicting demands
- US Citizen
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Minimum 5-years of significant demonstrated professional experience understanding and applying knowledge of federal procurement requirements and related purchasing experience
- Strong analytical and training skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in working within the DoD or Pentagon environment
- A DoD Security clearance
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Obtains supplies, materials, and equipment from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need.
- Contacts vendors, obtains quotations, examines bids, makes awards, places orders, and expedites delivery.
- Follows up on all awards until completion of order.
- Negotiates and settles with vendors regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, overages, cancellations, and other changes.
- Maintains files and records of materials, inventories, and deliveries.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced buyers.
- Serves as a liaison between employees or customer personnel and vendors in order to answer questions and resolve problems.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Department of Defense interim SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Defense Engineering, Inc. - 17 months ago
Founded in 2005 Defense Engineering, Inc. (DEI) headquartered in Arlington, VA is a customer focused Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small...