In all of our relationships, we strive to achieve the highest degree of respect, service, excellence and integrity. As a clinically oriented organization, we are committed to increasing the functional capabilities of our patients. By improving the lives of those around us through our daily actions, we are "Empowering Human Potential."
Responsible for the procurement and inventory control functions of specific product categories requiring continuous and close contact with other key personnel to ensure that requirements to support our division’s operations are properly presented to, and executed by, our suppliers and are designed to deliver outstanding customer satisfaction while maximizing inventory turns, minimizing costs, and limiting stock-outs.
- Procurement and inventory functions such as: analysis; product ordering controls; credit and returns issues; minimum order quantities; restock fees; vendor rebates; adding new products to inventory; and excess and non-moving inventory returns.
- Logistics management
- Utilize daily, weekly and monthly reports to facilitate a high service levels to customers.
- Facilitate problem resolution of invoicing issues
- Work with suppliers to resolve product issues (quality, shortages, overages, freight issues etc…) and monitor and improve their on-time delivery performance
- Troubleshoot issues and collaborate on initiatives between departments
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with internal customers
- Develop and manage supplier relationships, focusing on achieving supply chain efficiencies in the areas of: freight savings, packaging optimization; labeling; case quantities; and reducing touches for both the enterprise and the vendors.
- Provide strong contributions to departmental efficiency initiatives.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date product records, which include product number and product description changes.
- Perform research and sourcing projects
- Research/follow-up on purchase orders to ensure timely delivery of products
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required to effectively develop relationships with all levels of company personnel and all supplier contacts.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Detail oriented
- Procurement and inventory background
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a changing environment.
- Confident and interpersonal thinker with strong analytical and judgment skills.
- Have a sound working knowledge of purchasing principles including the ability to research, analyze, negotiate, and close various types of purchase efforts within the guidelines of good business and ethical practices
- Required to be proficient in Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to handle confidential information as appropriate
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Creative problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency used appropriately
- Strong desire to continue personal skills building
Hanger, Inc. - 18 months ago