The Procurement Specialist is to promote and implement tactical purchasing activities, while proactively managing and auditing contract pricing and costs. They create requisitions and purchase orders as part of the sourcing process and are responsible for ensuring the quality is per specifications from the suppliers. They’re also responsible for establishing and maintaining supplier relationships to seek maximum value for the company including total cost of ownership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process requisitions and purchase orders for all material, equipment, and services.
- Assist with sourcing efforts for assigned commodity and key suppliers, in line with Operation strategies – including but not limited to working with sourcing to identify and select suppliers that can provide the required quality, flexibility, reliability, and pricing.
- Partnering with accounting to ensure that purchases for projects are within budget.
- Responsible for invoice disputes and resolutions.
- Ensure that products and services are of the specified quality per contract or purchase order.
- Participate in regular supplier audits and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s) through, but not limited to, quarterly and annual business reviews.
- Expedite/de‐expedite orders based on Operation strategies.
- Develop KPI’s with regards to open POs, action messages, continuous improvement with purchasing systems, and accuracy with supplier invoices.
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for planning and purchasing processes and system.
- Prepare periodical reports as agreed with management.
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Candidate must possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), have strong attention to detail, and be proficient with computers to include MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and other MS Office programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in O&G industry
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 30 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Candidate must also possess strong organization and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work independently with changing priorities.
Oasis Petroleum - 2 years ago