The Procurement Specialist is responsible for overseeing all functions involved in purchasing and controlling the inventories of Maintenance Parts, Operating Supplies, Ingredients, and Packaging. This person will work closely with Corporate Procurement and internally will supervise both hourly and salaried personnel, in addition to working closely with other departments within the division. The Procurement Specialist will continually search for ways to save Pilgrim's money – either by finding or negotiating better pricing, or through working with internal personnel to find ways to save in the plant.
• Buy from key vendors and work closely with these vendors to save the company money, through pricing, inventory reduction, etc.
• Complete surveys, and provide information concerning costs, problems, ideas for savings
• Work closely with Corporate personnel in installation and use of Corporate inventory control and Purchasing programs.
• Reconcile vendor invoice discrepancies and work with accounting and vendors to resolve any problems
• Supervise, either directly or indirectly, employees performing the Requisitioning, Receiving and Issuing purchasing functions
• Assure all division purchase orders are issued on SAP and be knowledgeable of ways to track and control costs, etc., through use of these programs.
• Be knowledgeable of plant operations, in order to be able to find cost savings opportunities.
• Be knowledgeable of stockroom inventory dollar values, set inventory reduction goals and direct efforts towards inventory reduction
• Meet with vendors to discuss quality, service and delivery issues.
Education: High School or GED, B.S Preferred
- Two to five years purchasing/procurement experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good math skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and some knowledge of Access).
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.