Siemens TPD is located in Richland, MS which is south of Jackson, MS. It has been in operation at this location for more than forty years and employs more than 300 employees at this location. This plant has three product lines (High Voltage Circuit Breakers, Voltage Regulators and Surge Arrestors).
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES – This role will be a Strategic Buyer for Voltage Regulator product line located at the Richland, MS facility. This Position will be responsible for executing purchasing cost reduction projects and supporting engineering redesign projects. This will include finding and developing new domestic and international suppliers to help reduce cost and reduce risk in supply chain. In addition, they will support new product development activities.
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree where required. Industrial, Electrical or
Mechanical Engineering or Business degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of procurement experience in a complex manufacturing setting
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Familiar with Six Sigma and Lean Procurement practices
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work under time pressure
- Experience purchasing from global value source markets
- Experience buying metal commodities
- Experience in negotiating material contracts with suppliers
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop new suppliers to reduce cost and supply risk.
-Negotiates prices, terms and quality requirements for new and existing suppliers.
-Supports in the preparation of request for quotes and supports in the development of new
- Support engineering department in redesign efforts
- Support Engineering and Manufacturing to launch new products
- Prepare management reports for internal customers
- Team member on various process improvement projects
-Evaluates market conditions and the impact to business interest
Siemens - 13 months ago