This position is responsible and accountable for the acquisition of a variety of goods and services. They ensure that materials, goods and services are procured on time, to target costs and that deliverables meet the specified technical requirements. Procurement Specialists handle a wide variety of commodities and are knowledgeable of qualified sources of supply, market conditions and trends. They are involved in formulating near and long term buying strategies to ensure quality and continuity of supply while minimizing total cost. They are responsible for maintaining well documented purchase order files and following up on their open purchased orders. They are able to negotiate, place and maintain the purchase order files for large dollar and complex procurements which may include complex terms and conditions and extensive follow-up is required.
Their level of procurement authority is established by the Manager of the Procurement Department as delegated by the Procurement Departmental Instructions. Specific levels of authority regarding dollar levels at which buyers may commit SNC are described in the Procurement Departmental Instructions.
Directly perform buying assignments of varying complexities requiring experience in assigned commodities and knowledge of purchasing policy and procedures. Procurement Specialists purchase items at the most favorable price consistent with quality, inventory, delivery and specification requirements. They coordinate with various other departments including engineering, quality and contracts in order to procure assigned items and protect the interests of SNC.
Candidate must have knowledge of working with and purchasing machines parts
Major Responsibilities include:
Receive requisitions; analyze for quantity, specifications, drawings, and delivery requirements. Develop qualified sources, request pricing and delivery, competitively select suppliers, document procurement action and place orders.
Follow-up with suppliers to ensure delivery schedules and key milestones are achieved. Coordinate any changes with Planning and Program Management as appropriate to evaluate impact.
Analyze and quickly address any invoice discrepancies.
Support proposal efforts with RFP’s/RFQ’s.
Develop alternate sources, ensuring continuity of supply, consistency of quality, and competitive pricing.
Consolidate requirements and utilize the most suitable method of purchasing such as purchase order, subcontract, blanket purchase order or supplier stocking arrangement.
Perform and document complex price and/or cost analysis as appropriate for assigned workload. Maintain purchase order files in audit ready condition.
Enter purchase orders into Costpoint and ensure accurate data is maintained in Costpoint.
Advise management of market conditions and supplier base activity, which could affect pricing, and or future availability.
Gain familiarity with the end use of assigned commodities, leading to the possibility of finding alternative materials or sources.
Evaluate suppliers through methods such as supplier visitations and various objective performance measurements, including on-time delivery, service performance, and price performance.
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• BS/BA degree in business, engineering, or accounting or equivalent understanding of procurement earned through related experience.
• A minimum of 5 to 8 years experience in purchasing handling a wide variety of commodities.
• Experience with procuring military requirements and an understanding of military standards.
• A working knowledge of the FAR/DFARS.
• Certification by ISM is preferred.
• The ability to represent the company effectively and in a professional and business-like manner is essential.
• Comprehensive written, verbal, analytical and general accounting skills.
• MS Office, Lotus Notes and Material Management software knowledge.
• Ability to perform price analysis in a wide variety of circumstances.
• Cross training in other departments is essential in understanding the inter-relationship of process at SNC.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawing and specifications.
• Knowledge of FAR, UCC & public law required.
Sierra Nevada Corporation - 13 months ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its...