Individually and with cross functional teams make
commitment of company funds and determination of sources
of supply, quantities purchased, delivery schedule, and
price negotiations to achieve lowest total cost of
ownership. Determine resource requirements and acquire
as needed. Recommend appropriate contracting and
sourcing practices to individual business units to
maximize value. Plan and execute transactional
procurements to assure quick turnarounds. Identify and
address overall supplier performance issues as needed.
Manage the performance of others in contribution of
procurement events and implementation of straight
procurement and strategic sourcing initiatives.
Procurement and Supply Chain practices.
- Additional responsibilites to include:
- Counsels business unit SMEs and leaders in proper
miminizing total costs to the business. Prepare
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Develop negotiation strategies focusing on
target, best, and BATNA assessments on key contract
aspects to be negotiated. Develops and executes
strategies for negotiation to secure best value on
direct bid contracts.
market forces, and other supply related issues.
- Conducts Internet based research on suppliers,
checks, assuring overall financial wherewithal of
- Leverages industry associations.
- Conducts supplier assessments including referecne
the supplies, and assuring strong contractor
historical safety performance.
threats to Sunoco's business based on market trends
- Research market trends and project opportunities and
and then adjusts procurement approach to mitigate
threats and capitalize on opportunities.
Supply Chain Management or equivalent in related
- BS/BA in Engineering, Supply Management or Business
- 5-7 years of experience in Procurement, Sourcing,
areas including purchasing, service contracting and
demonstrated negotiation skills for multi-million
skills, and contract development.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Advanced project management and financial analysis
Excel and Power Point skills).
- Microsoft Office applications (with emphasis on