For over 30 years MVM has been performing mission critical services and operational support functions for government and commercial customers. As a member of an ever-evolving marketplace, MVM is continually developing new approaches and innovative solutions in service of current and future customer needs. MVM’s 3500 employees work daily to counter the language barriers, physical threats, and technological limitations that stand as impediments to our nation’s objectives domestically and abroad.
MVM, Inc. is currently seeking Procurement Technicians in support of a contract in Arlington, VA.
The Procurement Technicians shall possess knowledge of Contracting and Procurement processes and procedures sufficient to perform the following duties and responsibilities :
Qualification and Requirements
- Develop statements of work.
- Develop technical requirements.
- Provide contract oversight/quality assurance.
- Process invoices.
- Conduct Procurement-related analysis to prepare reports and build supporting materials (briefings, spreadsheets)
- Be able to orally brief the Deputy Assistant Director for Acquisition and Procurement, or other Procurement Office officials, on the status of procurement actions being supported
- Ability to perform negotiation discussions with direction and ability to document actions and outcomes
- Ability to operate programs in the Microsoft Office suite of software tools (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Serves as a contract specialist on non-complex, fixed price contracts and orders; prepares initial drafts of requests for proposals and quotations, contracts and orders, and support documentation;
- Assists the contracting officer and program managers in developing requirements and acquisition plans and strategies; drafts contracts, purchase orders, delivery orders, and contract modifications for contracting officer review;
- Administers contracts including processing invoices, monitoring, contract provisions, and ensuring contractor performance;
- Prepares documentation for the contract file;
- Compiles and analyzes contract data;
- Analyzes and evaluates cost and pricing data elements to determine price reasonableness for acquisitions with limited precedent data available;
- Performs pre-award and post award functions for procurements involving contracts of highly visible services of significant importance to the agency. Types of procurement range from simple to complex and frequently with a Nation-Wide impact.
- Adheres to Procurement policies and procedures to implement and supplement the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Office of Management and Budget Circulars and other Government-wide policies.
- May be requested to support development of training modules.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining both centralized and decentralized office files and management and record keeping systems including automated record management systems.
- Assists with contract administration duties
MVM, Inc. offers competitive salaries, benefits, and a professional work environment designed to enhance your personal career growth.
- B.A. in in any related field with at least 24 semester hours in business-related courses in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, organization and management
- Three years of related experience in the procurement-related support services REQUIRED ;
- Experience with electronic procurement systems, or other database type data entry;
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook email and/or other email software, as well as experience in the Microsoft Office suite of software tools (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure.
- Ability to operate the Unified Financial Management System after Government-provided training.
- Must be a United States citizen;
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government Security Background Investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements; which includes a favorable credit check and no criminal records;
- All applicants must have resided in the United States for at least three (3) years of the last five (5) years;
- Typing skills of at least 40 wpm.
Please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
For inquiries, please contact Ms. Shaneice Singleton at email@example.com
For more information about the company or to apply please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
Please note only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA M/F/D/V
Need a secret agent, man? Founded in 1979 by three former US Secret Service agents, MVM provides security staffing and consulting services,...